A Proof-of-Concept to test Radio-link within the organisation has been initiated, as current satellite setup on the vessels is rather expensive and with low latency and speed vs. other solutions.
As next step the radio-technology will be further expanded onto several routes and vessels. The project manager will be instrumental in establishing the technical set-up together with resources from the IT department and through a pilot-phase start putting the road-map for implementation in close partnership with the suppliers of choice.
As part of this project the Wi-Fi access points and equipment on the relevant vessels will be updated.
Who are you?
• Experience from managing IT projects in complex technical environments
• Experience of IT Infrastructure and Network
• Knowledge about ship-to-shore communication technology or other connectivity solutions is a merit
• Experience in Project Management Methodologies and preferably with relevant certifications
• Proven experience in leading project teams and people
• Ability to work independently and navigate in a large organization with multiple interests and stakeholders, from technicians to senior decision makers
• Excellent communication skills, pragmatic, well-structured and a problem solver.
Estimated workload: 50% during 2021 and 100% 2022
Working Language: Swedish and partly English
Requirements: Min. 5 years of professional IT experience
Other: Preferably the consultant is based out of the Gothenburg region
For more info contact: